How to Create a Sitemap for WordPress Site and Submit it to Google Search Console
Size: 6.43 MB
How to create a sitemap for WordPress Website and Submit it to Google Search Console in an easy step-by-step tutorial.
For this to work, we will be using a plugin called Yoast SEO. It’s a really popular SEO plugin and it’s really good. It also creates an XML sitemap automatically and we will add the sitemap to WordPress.
I actually prefer to use a plugin for this, as your sitemap should be updated every time you create new pages or posts.
Summary of the tutorial:
1. Install and activate Yoast SEO plugin
2. Grab the XML sitemap URL
3. Test that the sitemap works by going to the URL
4. Add the sitemap to Google Search Console
Useful links from this video:
- Google Search Console: https://search.google.com/search-console/about
- Verify site with DNS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRCmKkzeeMI
- Yoast SEO download link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
My website setup & recommendations: https://punchsalad.com/recommendations/
Support my commitment to drinking beer:
With the PayPal tip jar: https://www.paypal.me/punchsalad